Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Why This Site for Flashlights

I love flashlights.  It seems I've always been fascinated by them.   I started collecting old ones I came across and of course when some new designs came along I found myself intrigued enough to go ahead and buy one.  At this stage I think of myself as more than a flashlight enthusiast, more than a collector, but more of a connoisseur.  I truly enjoy a great design and function in a flashlight.

As as sportsman who likes camping and someone who has been on the road many times where a flashlight meant making life easier I learned to appreciate a reliable and well adapted light.  In the military we found having the right light another means of getting the job done.  In day to day living out in the country I find myself using a flashlight or two every day.  As I get older and my eyes don't work as well in the dark a flashlight is a necessary tool to prevent accidents and to just find things.  Even reading something is easier with the right light.  I own a whole bunch of them.  Each of my vehicles probably has half a dozen varied lights in it, and around the house there is probably one in every room.  They are my version of a security blanket.  With a light I own the night.

I hope to share some of my experience with them by showing you ones I've owned and also give reviews of new ones I come across and purchase.

Flashlights are a metaphor for humankind in their quest for fire and illumination.

Bottom line:  A good light is cool.


Thanks to David Misell the British inventor who patented the first flashlight in 1899.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flashlight


No comments:

Post a Comment