Tuesday, January 31, 2017

A two dollar Flea Market Light - It works















This is a cheap metal flashlight but it does run on 7 LED lights.  Though it is not well made it still has the benefit of putting out a lot of light since it runs on D Cell batteries.  Surprisingly, this was a transition light before the small ones really came into their own.  I never tested to see how long this would stay lit on the D cells but I presume it would be a long run.  The butt cap is not well situated and would eventually fail because of the thin metal threading on the base.  The switch will probably be the first thing to fail just based on the overall quality of the light.  I bought it just to see what I could get for two dollars.  It's not bad and qualifies as a disposable.

I ran an Amazon search and it appears that only the Maglite is still available for D cells with LED lights unless you go with the Panasonic multi battery light.  I know the Maglite will work flawlessly so this is the one I'll put up.




No comments:

Post a Comment