Sunday, January 29, 2017

Rechargeable Batteries Are The Way to Go in Flashlights


The GE Ni Cad batteries still work and are used in two different flashlights and they may be up to 30 years old.  I lost track.  I know they're at least around 25 years old. What a deal.  If I had known they would last this long I'd have bought more than four of them especially when you see the price of D Cells now.  GE no longer sells these and other brands are now quite expensive.


 Fortunately there are adaptors that will allow you to use one or two AA batteries to fit in a D cell device.


The eneloop batteries are the best I've come across in the current crop of rechargeable batteries.  One of the best things about them is that they hold a charge for years and years.  I had a few packs unopened for four years and the charge level was still at almost 80%.  Amazing.

I haven't had the same luck with the Energizers.  Some worked well and others wouldn't hold a charge for any duration beyond a few weeks.  Not my first choice.





No comments:

Post a Comment