Saturday, March 4, 2017

Dollar Flashlights are Junk - Don't bother

I bought these a decade ago and never used them.  They are all made in China and I paid a dollar or two for these at one of the dollar type stores around.  I considered them disposables but didn't know how right I was.  I only used a few of them back in the day when I bought them and set the rest aside for some eventual use.  Now a decade later none of them work.  The switches are all non functional and therefore the lights are worthless.

My recommendation is to never buy a light at the dollar stores unless maybe you get one of the LED reading lights that has a simple switch and a built in lithium battery.  These tend to work better where anything you might need in an emergency should be well made.  Never buy pure junk like those shown below.  A dollar a light or even two or three should tell you all you need to know.  Every one of these lights went to the dump today and were a total waste of money.



No comments:

Post a Comment